RABBI ZIDNI ILMA

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Imam Zaid Shakir - Spirituality In A Time of Crisis

Asalamualaikum,








DOWNLOAD THE LECTURE [Manchester 2006]

DOWNLOAD THE NOTES [Taken by yours truly]


I found this lecture on the internet very recently, and was motivated to take a few notes on the talk for the blog. Imam Zaid Shakir always has something beneficial and uplifting to say, especially in the context of issues that deal with socio-political arguments and spiritual progress. I'd recommend people to check out THE RISE & FALL OF THE UMMAH by Imam Zaid Shakir as well (I still need to finish listening to this Insh'Allah), as it is a very beneficial series within itself, Alhamdolilah.

Let me know what you guys think, whether about the lecture or idea with the notes, etc. I may need motivation for me to continue doing this... you know, to prevent a lethargic 'tude.

Walaikum Asalam

3 Comments:

  • Salams bro
    Good idea with the notes, that reminds me have you seen http://bukhariblog.blogspot.com?

    Theres no audio files for Mufti Zubair Dudha online, but inshallah sometime i'll transcribe a portion or one of his lectures available on cassette.

    lol@ some ulama needing to relocate to US. Theres a bro in blogworld from US who was planning to come over here and do Alim course, pls make dua for him.

    You guys have Shaykh Zulfiqar and more recently I came accross this site http://www.kitabummuneer.com.

    Wasalam

    By Blogger Ahmed, at 1:23 AM  

  • Walaikum Salam bro,

    Jazkallah Khair for the input.

    I thought Sh. Zulfiqar actually lives in Pakistan? If he really is in the US, I'm not quite sure which state he lives in either, but I do know of his students being in Chicago and NY for the most part.

    By Blogger thestraightpath, at 7:39 AM  

  • Salams
    Yeh bro, I think you're right, Sh Zulfiqar resides in Pakistan, but he did use to visit US a lot.

    Which part of US are you from/ living in?

    Shaykh Rafiq mashallah is top speaker, his humour at times during his talks really makes his points hit home. Ameen to all the duahs.

    By Blogger Ahmed, at 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home